ICUU Executive Committee Meets in Netherlands
Plans for 2016 Council Meeting & Drafts New 2020 Vision
The next ICUU Council Meeting and Conference will be held from July 16 to 23, 2016 at the Mennorode Conference in Nuspeet, The Netherlands. In mid-July, the ICUU Executive Committee met on- site to review plans for the event while holding their annual face to face meeting. An announcement of the theme and of further details is planned for September.
A new 2020 Vision for the ICUU emerged from a face to face meeting of the Executive Committee (ICUU EC) last week in the Netherlands.
The EC is committed to a vision of ICUU:
- helping member groups to help each other to be strong,
- creating exciting opportunities to meet, learn and develop together,
- building a new, effective and adaptive organizational structure,
- embracing high-level international collaboration,
- creating high visibility and inspiring strong member engagement,
- maximizing online resources and engagement opportunities,
- becoming financially responsible and well-resourced.
Work is underway on a strategic plan to provide a roadmap for implementation of this vision. Member groups will be invited to become involved in this planning through upcoming consultations such as the Essex 2.0 meeting planned for March 2016.
To best deliver this broadened vision, the ICUU is seeking a newExecutive Director to take up the position in the latter part of 2016.
An EC Task Force has been commissioned to prepare an appropriate job description and to oversee the recruitment process.
The current Executive Director has decided to retire from ICUU employment in November 2016. The Council Meeting and Conference in July 2016 will be the last such meeting for which he will have overall responsibility and it will include an opportunity to thank him for his service.
More information about applying for the Executive Director position will be circulated when available. Any questions should be sent to ICUU President Rev. David Gyero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trackback from your site.